The College has over 11,000 graduates who have benefited from their engagement in our courses and programming. Many of them have gone on to distinguished careers in business, education, engineering, government, journalism, law, medicine, museums, local and national non-profits, professional sports, and writing.
Many have also gone onto prestigious graduate programs both here at MU and at other institutions, including University of Chicago, University of Michigan, University of Virginia, Stanford University, and many have also studied abroad through the Fulbright, Schwarzman, Truman, Mark Twain, and DAAD Research in Science and Engineering scholar programs.
Among the notable graduates of the Honors College are current Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill, Kansas City attorney Jay Felton, Fulbright student scholar Samantha Franks, attorney for MLB Player’s Association Judith Heeter, American journalist and best-selling author Jim Hirsch, current University of Missouri Interim President, Mr. Michael Middleton, and the former Missouri Governor Jay Nixon and First Lady Georganne Nixon.
We value the contributions of all of our alumni, whether you took one class with us or you completed the Honors Certificate with twice as many required course hours. Here are just a few of the ways that you can stay connected and involved with the life of our current students and the College:
- Make a Gift … there are numerous ways that you can support our students. Gifts provide tuition assistance and experiential educational opportunities to help students maximize their potential and engage in scholarship. The recently launched Our Time to Lead capital campaign has resulted in the identification of five priorities for the Honors College giving. Visit the linked page (in the menu bar to the left) to view these priorities and consider a donation.
- Get Involved …
- Alumni and Friends Advisory Council
- Engaged Community Initiative … Coming Soon!
- Recruit Students
- Honors College Events … Homecoming, Geek Week, and more!
- Stay Informed …
- Newsletters and Annual Reports
- Alumni Update Form … Are you an Honors College Alumnus? Please fill out the form below to let us know what has been happening in your life, keep us informed of any change in address, and more. We may choose to feature you in our “Where Are They Now?” section.
- Show Your Mizzou Pride