The College has over 12,000 graduates who have benefited from their engagement in our courses and programming. Many of them have gone on to distinguished careers in business, education, engineering, government, journalism, law, medicine, museums, local and national non-profits, professional sports, and writing.
Many have also gone onto prestigious graduate programs both here at MU and at other institutions, including University of Chicago, University of Michigan, University of Virginia, Stanford University. Likewise, many have opted to pursue fellowships and thus continue their studies abroad through the Fulbright, Schwarzman, Truman, Mark Twain, and DAAD Research in Science and Engineering scholar programs.
Among the notable graduates of the Honors College are former Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill, Kansas City attorney Jay Felton, former campaign manager (for State Auditor Nicole Galloway) Kate Hargis, Fulbright student scholar Samantha Franks, lead counsel for MLB Player’s Association Judith Heeter, American journalist and best-selling author Jim Hirsch, former University of Missouri Interim President, Mr. Michael Middleton, law professor and author Jim Fleming, and former Missouri Governor Jay Nixon and First Lady Georganne Nixon.
Stay Connected and Get Involved
We value the contributions of all of our alumni, whether you took one class with us or you completed the Honors Certificate with twice as many required course hours. Here are just a few of the ways that you can stay connected and involved with the life of our current students and the College:
- Get Involved …
- Alumni and Friends Advisory Council
- Engaged Community Initiative … Coming Soon!
- Recruit Students
- Honors College Events … Homecoming, Geek Week, and more!
- Stay Informed …
- Newsletters and Annual Reports
- Alumni Update Form … Are you an Honors College Alumnus? Please fill out the form below to let us know what has been happening in your life, keep us informed of any change in address, and more. We may choose to feature you in our “Where Are They Now?” section.
Make a Gift
- Make a Gift: Your financial support is yet another way that you can support our students. Gifts provide tuition assistance and experiential educational opportunities to help students maximize their potential and engage in scholarship.
- The recently launched Our Time to Lead capital campaign has resulted in the identification of five priorities for giving to the Honors College. Visit the linked page (in the menu bar to the left) to view these priorities and consider a donation.
Show Your Mizzou Honors Pride
- Honors College Apparel and Gifts
- The Mizzou Store … your one stop shopping for all Tiger gear.
- Honors College (Order Direct)
- T-shirts … Just $10.00 each; order direct (via email) from the College; we ship free. Sizes S, M, L, XL. Personal checks only. “Mizzou Honors” in gray only.
- Mugs … Just $12.00 each + $3.00 S&H; order direct (via email) from the College. Mug is light gray on the outside with a Tiger head on one side and the MU HC logo on the other; interior of the mug is yellow. These look sharp! Great for chili or ice cream. Personal checks only.
- Stickers and Magnets … Just $1.00 each; order direct (via email) from the College; we ship free. Three styles, as pictured below. Magnet is only available in the circular style. Personal checks only.
Alumni Update Form
Please fill out the form below to let us know what has been happening in your life, keep us informed of any change in address, and more. We may choose to feature you in our “Where Are They Now?” section.