Applying for admission to the Honors College is an important step to success at MU. The Honors College welcomes applications from all students who meet our qualifications or who feel that they have an academic record or traits that will make them successful Honors students at MU. Admission to the Honors College is competitive and selective.
When considering you for admission if you are applying as a first-time college student, we look at:
- your ACT and/or SAT scores (* SAT scores (Critical Reading and Math only) are converted to ACT scores by the MU Admissions Office.)
- your class rank (if your school ranks its students)
- your Core GPA or Enhanced Core GPA, whichever is higher, calculated by MU Admissions from your official U.S. high school transcript.
- your accomplishments and activities throughout high school, through your involvement in clubs, organizations, sports, civic programs, employment, volunteer work, and more.
- your approach to learning and leadership, as gleaned from your answers to our essay questions.
When considering you for admission if you are applying as a current MU or transfer student, we look at:
- your grades in college courses, especially within your major, and (if a transfer student) any prior honors courses
- your stated goals and reasons for wanting to join Honors
- and your plan for completion of the Honors Certificate
Please be aware of the various deadlines.
For incoming first-year students, application to Honors opens up through the Admissions portal (see admissions.missouri.edu) on August 15.
DEADLINE for the MU Honors College Stamps Scholars Program is December 01
DEADLINE for all other MU and Honors College scholarships and Scholars & Fellows programs is December 15
Applications close on March 01 of each year.
For transfer students and current MU students, please see the respective webpages (linked here) for the deadlines that have been established for applying for the next applicable semester. Please note, that in many cases, the applications are due at least one full semester before you plan to begin taking honors courses.
Apply for Admission
So we can direct you to the right place, are you …