Founded in 1958 as the nation’s first honors college, the MU Honors College has an enrollment of over 3,000 students representing nearly all of MU’s 300+ degree programs. The Honors College seeks to serve a diverse group of students who are academically talented and highly accomplished so they can become engaged the pursuit of life-long, interdisciplinary learning.
- Smaller classes in an engaging, challenging, and rewarding environment
- Interdisciplinary, unique, and customizable curriculum
- Priority registration, each semester beyond your 1st semester at MU
- Dedicated Honors academic advising
- Engaged and accessible faculty and staff
- Guaranteed and early admission programs to some professional and academic programs
- Research and artistry experiences starting on Day 1 at MU
- Additional scholarship opportunities
- Extra-curricular student groups, events, and activities
- Opportunity to excel where you dwell in the Honors Learning Community
Visit the Honors College
To meet with a representative of the Honors College schedule a campus tour with the MU Admissions Office.
Want to observe an Honors course? Contact our office (MizzouHonors@missouri.edu) after you schedule your visit to learn about course availability during your visit.
How to Apply
The Honors College uses a holistic review process of application materials. There is no specific criteria or level of achievement that guarantees Honors acceptance.