The Honors College welcomes applications from all students who feel that they have an academic record or traits that will make them successful Honors students at MU. Admission to the Honors College is competitive and selective. MU’s Honors College considers all applicants and their credentials through a holistic review process. There is no specific criteria or level of achievement that will assure anyone of acceptance. We seek students with a myriad of accomplishments, traits, skills, experiences, and views on education. Ours is a program that adds value and enhances a student’s education and we want students who are up for the challenge and want to do the work required to flourish.
When considering you for admission if you are applying as a first-time college student, we look at:
- your official ACT and/or SAT scores (* SAT scores (Critical Reading and Math only) are converted to ACT scores by the MU Admissions Office.)
- your class rank (if your school ranks its students)
- your Core GPA or Enhanced Core GPA, whichever is higher, calculated by MU Admissions from your official U.S. or international high school transcript.
- your accomplishments and activities throughout high school, including your involvement in clubs, organizations, sports, civic programs, employment, volunteer work, and more.
- your approach to learning and leadership, as gleaned from your answers to our essay questions.
When considering you for admission if you are applying as a current MU or transfer student, we look at:
- your grades in college courses, especially within your major, and (if a transfer student) any prior honors courses
- your stated goals and reasons for wanting to join Honors
- and your plan for completion of the Honors Certificate
Important Dates and Deadlines
Please be aware of the various dates regarding admission into MUHC:
Applications for incoming freshmen open on August 01 and close on March 01 of each year.
DEADLINE for the MU Honors College Stamps Scholars Program and all other MU and Honors College scholarships and Scholars & Fellows programs is December 01
For transfer students and current MU students, please see the respective webpages for the deadlines that have been established in order to apply for the next applicable semester. Please note, that in many cases, the applications are due at least one full semester before you plan to begin taking honors courses.
Apply for Admission
So we can direct you to the right place, are you …