Applications for the class of 2025 will open on September 01, 2020.
For the latest campus visit COVID-related information, visit admissions.missouri.edu/covid19
The Honors College will hold daily virtual informational sessions at 1:30 pm CST for all prospective high school students. Please click this link to register. An email will be sent confirming your registration and include meeting access information. If you cannot attend the scheduled session, please contact our Admissions & Outreach Coordinator Enola-Riann White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps in Applying
1. Apply to MU.
You must have submitted your application to the university before applying for the Honors College.
2. Complete the Honors College application.
The Honors College considers every applicant through a holistic review process. Please keep in mind that the process is competitive and selective. There is no specific criteria or level of achievement that will automatically result in acceptance.
a) Once admitted to Mizzou, qualified students will receive an invitation to apply via their Admissions status page.
To be considered for admission into the Honors College all required application materials must be received. Final deadline for consideration is March 1, 2021.
b) Applications are evaluated on the following:
- Academic Criteria
- Official* ACT and/or SAT score reports
- Class rank, if applicable
- Strength of curriculum and coursework
- Core or weighted core GPA*, whichever is higher, as calculated by the Office of Admissions from your official* high school transcript.
- List accomplishments and activities from your time in high school, including sustained and meaningful involvement in clubs, organizations, sports, civic programs, employment, volunteer work, and more.
- View our sample resume.
- Essay prompts can be found within the Honors Admission Application.
- Essays should demonstrate your approach to learning, leadership, and plans for the future.
c) Consider applying for one of our Scholars & Fellows programs:
- Check “Yes” to be considered for one of these high-impact programs on the Honors Admissions Application, and you will be guided through this process.
- Please note that in order for your Scholars & Fellows application to be considered, you must have already been admitted into MU.
To be considered for Scholars & Fellows programs all required application materials must be received by December 1, 2020.
Please also note the following:
— No late applications will be accepted. All applications must be completed and submitted by the appropriate deadline.
— We will not receive your Honors College application until all of your official score reports and transcripts have been received by the university. Please see below for further details.
— The Honors College is only able to address specific questions about the essay topics, preferred format of your resume, and the timing of a decision once an application is complete. If you have any questions regarding the university’s admissions process, are seeking confirmation that your official materials have been received, or have a problem with the links for Scholars & Fellows references, please contact the Office of Admissions.
— We ask that you give us up to four weeks (from the time that your Honors College application and all required materials are received) to consider your application and make our decision.
— The decision of the College is final. Because of the volume of applications and our holistic review process, we will not be able to provide feedback on your application or detailed reasons for our decision.
* Official score reports and transcripts must be received by the university before the Honors College will review any application. The core and weighted GPA are calculated by the Office of Admissions using your grades from all English, science, social studies, foreign language, math (Algebra I and higher), and highest fine art course grade. Weighted core GPA gives extra weight to Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) coursework for which you receive a grade of C or higher. If you have any questions regarding the university’s admissions process, please contact the Office of Admissions.