Current MU students can still benefit from the Honors College. We are looking for students who will integrate into honors wholeheartedly and enthusiastically.
- Current full-time MU student
- Completed at least 12 MU credit hours
- 3.7 cumulative GPA (includes grades obtained from any UM System School)
- Have less than 75 total credit hours (includes transfer and AP/IB credits) OR not be beyond the fifth semester of your college career
Students who have been dismissed from the Honors College are not eligible to reapply.
How to Apply
- It is strongly recommended you meet with your current academic advisor to discuss the Honors Certificate prior to applying.
- Complete the Honors College Application & submit the following:
- List 3-5 organizations that define your interest, experiences, and what you hope to accomplish. Include roles, responsibilities, and length of involvement.
- Personal statement of 500-750 words that addresses the following:
- Why you want to be a part of the MU Honors College and how the Honors College can enhance your college experience.
- A description of your academic and career goals. Include any special interests: research, leadership, etc.
- How you plan to complete the 24-credit hour certificate. List courses or experiences (study abroad, research, etc.) that you are interested in completing. View options for the Honors Certificate here.
Fall: January 15 | Priority Registration: Summer & Spring
Spring: August 15 |Priority Registration: Fall
Enrollment in the Honors College will begin on the date reflected in your admissions letter, sent via email. At that time, you will be eligible for priority registration in the subsequent semesters, additional scholarships (including Scholars & Fellows programs), and receive all the benefits as a member of the Honors College.