Premier and Research Scholarships
ASH Scholars – A team approach to research focused on the arts, social sciences, and humanities
Cherng Summer Scholars – Full-time summer research program
Discovery Fellows – Research placement for students in their area of study
Panda-Mizzou Scholars – Financial award for honors students pursuing majors in education or healthcare-related fields who have financial need
Spring Scholarships & Eligibility Requirements
Current MU Honors College students may apply to be considered for the scholarships listed below. Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year will be open January 1, 2023, and will be due February 20, 2023. Submitting this application will enter you into consideration for all of the Honors Scholarships for which you are eligible; there is no need to indicate which specific scholarship you are interested in.
To apply, log into ScholarshipUniverse using your MU assigned username and password, and search for “Honors College Spring Scholarships”
- A letter of recommendation. Start your application early to give your recommender plenty of time to work on your letter.
- Your resume. Make sure you resume lists the Honors College and any Honors Scholarships you have received.
- A 500 word essay on the following prompt: What has been your most influential or significant moment in your honors experience at MU and why?
Scholarships are awarded for the subsequent fall semester. Class standing for these awards is determined by year in college, not credit hours.
- Excellence in Honors Scholarship— Awarded each year to three freshmen, three sophomores, and three juniors who represent the ideals of a good honors education.
- Rhodes Clay Scholarship — Applicant must be a freshman enrolled in the College of Arts & Science.
- Hayden Honors College / Arts & Science Scholarship — Applicant must be a sophomore or junior who has taken courses in our Humanities or Science Series.
- W. Alton Jones Memorial Scholarship — Applicant must be a freshman or sophomore enrolled in the College of Arts & Science who also has financial need.
Honors College Awards
These awards do not require an application but are instead awarded to students nominated by faculty and staff members.
- Charles M. Hudson Scholarship in the Humanities — Awarded to a student on the basis of outstanding academic performance in the Honors College Humanities Sequence and financial need.
- Harry J. & Richard Hocks Scholarship in the Humanities — Awarded to a student for outstanding academic performance in the Honors College Humanities Sequence.
- Discovery Fellows Award — Awarded for outstanding achievement as a Discovery Fellow.
- Honors College Outstanding Senior Award — Awarded to a graduating senior who represents the mission and vision of the Honors College.
- Drs. Gary and Caroline Mueller Honors College – MU Medical School Scholarship — Awarded to a graduating senior who has also been accepted into MU’s Medical School.