The University of Missouri’s premier scholarship program.
MU is a proud partner in the Stamps Scholars Program. The MU Honors College joined the Stamps Scholars Program in 2016, and the ongoing relationship has had a lasting and positive impact on our campus and honors communities.
Award Amount and Expectations
Stamps Scholars at the University of Missouri receive a four-year, full scholarship (covering up to the total estimated cost of attendance for fall and spring semesters), plus an additional $16,000 enrichment fund to be used during the student’s four years to enhance their studies and academic pursuits. MU Stamps Scholars must be enrolled in the Honors College for all four years, working toward completion of the honors certificate.
Stamps Scholars will also have unique opportunities, including a dedicated mentor, contact with campus leadership, alumni networking, funding for study abroad, and attendance at the biennial Stamps Scholars National Convention in Atlanta, GA.
To be eligible to apply for the Stamps Scholars Program at the University of Missouri, a student must have at least a 32 ACT (or 1420 SAT), hold at least a 3.5 core GPA, and have applied to MU and the Honors College by December 1st. The program is open to students of any nationality and who are enrolled in any accredited US or international high school.
Due to the requirements of an in-person interview and the time constraints of the Visa application process, we are not currently considering international applicants for the Stamps Scholarship. Individuals lawfully in the United States as permanent resident aliens, asylees, refugees, or on a nonimmigration visa are welcome to apply.
How to Apply
- Apply to MU
- Apply to the Honors College
- Submit the Stamps Scholars Application via your Application Status Page. This application includes:
- All components of the Honors College application.
- An additional essay of 500-750 words in response to the following prompt:
- Part of conducting research or creative works is asking questions. Each of our Stamps and Discovery Fellows Scholarships come with a research placement. What is a question you are considering that falls within your major, area of interest, or career? If you are undecided on your major or career path, please share an area you are considering and a question about this topic.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can speak directly to your academic abilities, achievements, and character. They should be teachers, school counselors, coaches, supervisors; one letter must be written by a teacher or counselor.
- Your writers/references will be sent a link to submit their letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters must be submitted by the December 1st deadline.
Deadlines and Notifications
- Stamps Scholars Application December 1st
- In mid-December, approximately 100 applications will be invited to submit a video interview
- In mid-January, 20 semi-finalists will be invited to Stamps Interview Weekend
- Stamps Interview Weekend: February 8-10, 2024
- All semi-finalists are required to attend this on-campus event. The weekend will include a formal reception, in-person interview, meeting of current Stamps Scholars, lunch with key faculty and administrators, a tour of campus, sessions with campus resources, a session for parents, and several other campus activities. Semi-finalists are responsible for their own travel costs and arrangements. The University will pay for all food and event-related expenses.
- Finalist Nomination: March 1st
Current and Recent Stamps Scholars
Charlie Beecher | Kansas City, MO | Plant Science
Maya Dawson | Lakewood, CO | Journalism
Macy Monical | Park Ridge, IL | Educational Studies
Janet Musangali | Lake St. Louis, MO | Chemistry
Owen Neely | Greenfield, MO | Biochemistry
Rhea Pookulangara | Denton, TX | Engineering – Computer Science
Ivy Reed | Clayton, MO | Journalism
Chase Zeller | Kansas City, MO | Political Science
Lilley Halloran | St. Louis, MO | Journalism | Larson Collegian
Genny Harline | Columbia, MO | Engineering
Jasper Holland | Columbia, MO | Computer Science
Michelle Woolridge | Tulsa, OK | Biological Sciences
Ariel Yarmus | Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY | Animal Science
Harmon Colvett | Memphis, TN | Biomedical Engineering
Emma McDougal | Cape Girardeau, MO | Chemical Engineering
Olivia Gyapong | Silver Springs, MD | Journalism | Larson Collegian
Yasmeen Saadi | Leawood, KS | Journalism | Larson Collegian
George Frees | Harrisonville, MO | Biochemistry
Bryson Ferguson | McKinney, TX | Business | Patterson-Green Collegian
Sara George | Boulder, CO | Journalism | Larson Collegian
Gabriela Kauffman | Lohman, MO | Biochemistry | Brazeale Collegian
Samuel Peterson | Joplin, MO | History and Political Science
Maddie Reiser | Pleasant Plains, IL | Political Science
Caroline Topham | Louisville, KY | Linguistics
Abigail Blenk | Cincinnati, OH | Digital Storytelling and Art
Morgan Erutti | Valley Park, MO | Art History, Psychology, and Ancient Mediterranean Studies
Kathryn Gluesenkamp | Wildwood, MO | Public Health and Economics
Aravind Kalathil |O’Fallon, MO | Psychology
Leyton Rebori | Kansas City, MO | Biological Sciences and Animal Sciences
Kamilla Sarvestani | Fayetteville, AR | Political Science
Calvin Winkler | Overland Park, KS | Biological Sciences and Public Health
Jessica Blake | Dublin, OH | Journalism | Larson Collegian
Molly McDermott | Clive, IA | Statistics and Economics
Andrew Mitchell | Lee’s Summit, MO | Chemistry
Rebecca Price | Germantown, TN | International Business: Finance and International Studies
Delanie Vinzant | Maryville, MO | Biological Sciences and Economics
Olutoyin Jackson | Lake Villa, IL | Food Science
Caitlin Kelleher | Moorestown, NJ | Women’s and Gender Studies
Anna Merkel | Kansas City, MO | Mechanical Engineering
Madelyn Winfield | Kansas City, MO | Journalism | Larson Collegian
For More Information
If you have any questions regarding the Stamps application process please contact Jess Soete, Honors Admissions and Events Specialist.
For questions about the program please contact our Scholarship & Research Coordinator, Ava Drayton or contact the Honors College at 573-882-3893.