The University of Missouri’s premier scholarship program.
MU is a proud partner in the Stamps Scholars Program. The MU Honors College joined the Stamps Scholars Program in 2016, and the ongoing relationship has had a lasting and positive impact on our campus and honors communities.
Award Amount and Expectations
Stamps Scholars at the University of Missouri receive a four-year, full scholarship (covering up to the total estimated cost of attendance for fall and spring semesters), plus an additional $16,000 enrichment fund to be used during the student’s four years to enhance their studies and academic pursuits. MU Stamps Scholars must be enrolled in the Honors College for all four years, working toward completion of the honors certificate.
Stamps Scholars will also have unique opportunities, including a dedicated mentor, contact with campus leadership, alumni networking, funding for study abroad, and attendance at the biennial Stamps Scholars National Convention in Atlanta, GA.
To be eligible to apply for the Stamps Scholars Program at the University of Missouri, a student must have at least a 32 ACT (or 1420 SAT), hold at least a 3.5 core GPA, and have applied to MU and the Honors College by December 1st. The program is open to students of any nationality and who are enrolled in any accredited US or international high school.
How to Apply
- Apply to MU
- Apply to the Honors College
- Apply for Honors Research Fellowships
- Check “Yes” on the Honors application
- Upload research essay
- See Incoming Freshman Admission for prompt
- Apply to Stamps Scholars
- Click link on MU Application Status Page
- Submit contact information for two (2) individuals who can speak directly to your academic abilities, achievements, and character. They should be teachers, school counselors, coaches, supervisors; one letter must be written by a teacher or counselor. Home-schooled applicants should contact us for advice on selecting individuals for recommendations.
- Your writers/references will be sent a link to submit their letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters must be submitted by the December 1st deadline.
Deadlines and Notifications
- Stamps Scholars Application December 1st
- In mid-December, approximately 100 applications will be invited to submit a video interview
- In mid-January, 20 semi-finalists will be invited to Stamps Interview Weekend
- Stamps Interview Weekend: February 11-13, 2022
- All semi-finalists are required to attend this on-campus event, February 11-13, 2022. The weekend will include a formal reception, in-person interview, meeting of current Stamps Scholars, lunch with key faculty and administrators, a tour of campus and the Honors Learning Communities, sessions with campus resources, a session for parents, and several other campus activities. Semi-finalists are responsible for their own travel costs and arrangements. The University will pay for all food and event-related expenses.
- Finalist Nomination: March 1st
Current and Recent Stamps Scholars
Stamps Scholars 2021-2025
Harmon Colvett | Memphis, TN | Biomedical Engineering
Emma McDougal | Cape Girardeau, MO| Chemical Engineering
Olivia Gyapong | Silver Springs, MO | Journalism
Yasmeen Saadi | Leawood, KS | Journalism
George Frees | Harrisonville, MO | Biochemistry
Bryson Ferguson | McKinney, TX | Business | Patterson-Green Collegian
Sara George | Boulder, CO | Journalism | Larson Collegian
Gabriela Kauffman | Lohman, MO | Biochemistry | Brazeale Collegian
Samuel Peterson | Joplin, MO | History and Political Science
Maddie Reiser | Pleasant Plains, IL | Political Science
Caroline Topham | Louisville, KY | Linguistics
Stamps Scholars 2019 – 2023
Abigail Blenk | Cincinnati, OH | Digital Storytelling and Computer Science
Morgan Erutti | Valley Park, MO | Art History
Kathryn Gluesenkamp | Wildwood, MO | Public Health and Economics
Aravind Kalathil |O’Fallon, MO | Psychology
Leyton Rebori | Kansas City, MO | Biological Sciences and Animal Sciences
Kamilla Sarvestani | Fayetteville, AR | Political Science
Calvin Winkler | Overland Park, KS | Biological Sciences and Public Health
Stamps Scholars 2018 – 2022
Jessica Blake | Dublin, OH | Journalism | Larson Collegian
Molly McDermott | Clive, IA | Statistics and Economics
Andrew Mitchell | Lee’s Summit, MO | Chemistry
Rebecca Price | Germantown, TN | International Business: Finance and International Studies
Delanie Vinzant | Maryville, MO | Biological Sciences and Economics
Stamps Scholars 2017 – 2021
Olutoyin Jackson | Lake Villa, IL | Food Science
Caitlin Kelleher | Moorestown, NJ | Women’s and Gender Studies
Anna Merkel | Kansas City, MO | Mechanical Engineering
Stamps Scholar 2017 – 2019
Madelyn Winfield | Kansas City, MO | Journalism | Larson Collegian
For More Information
If you have any questions regarding this program or application, please contact our Scholars & Fellows Coordinator, Ava Drayton or contact the Honors College at 573-882-3893.