If you are looking to transfer to MU, you are encouraged to consider the Honors College as an added component of your college experience.
Community College Partnerships
The Honors College offers students from specific Community College partners the opportunity to transfer through special agreements. These agreements apply to:
- Jefferson College
- Metropolitan Community College
- Mineral Area Community College
- Moberly Area Community College*
- Ozark Technical Community College
Transferring students from one of the above institutions should contact our Admissions & Outreach Coordinator prior to applying. These agreements allow students to apply with extended deadlines and allow additional honors transfer hours to count toward the MU Honors Certificate, and possible scholarship support. Agreements can be found on the Office of Admissions website.
*While enrolled in the Mizzou-MACC program, students are not eligible to enroll in the MU Honors College. Mizzou-MACC students who are interested in joining the Honors College can apply once they have fully transferred to MU. Contact the Transfer Center for more information.
- Completed at least 12 college credit hours
- 3.7 cumulative GPA (includes transfer and dual credit grades)
- Have less than 75 total credit hours (includes transfer and AP/IB credits) OR not be beyond the fifth semester of your college career
- You may be able to transfer up to 9 credit hours to count toward the Honors Certificate if they appear on your transcript as honors credits
Transfer students who meet the above criteria will see a link to the Honors College application on their status page.
How to Apply
- Apply to MU
- Complete the Honors College Application & submit the following:
- List 3-5 organizations that define your interest, experiences, and what you hope to accomplish. Include roles, responsibilities, and length of involvement.
- Personal Statement of 500-750 words that addresses the following:
- Why you want to be a part of the MU Honors College and how the Honors College can enhance your college experience.
- A description of your academic and career goals. Include any special interests: research, leadership, etc.
- How you plan to complete the 24-credit hour certificate. List courses or experiences (study abroad, research, etc.) that you are interested in completing. View options for the Honors Certificate here.
Deadlines & Notification
Fall: July 1 | Notification: August 1| Priority Registration: Summer & Spring
Spring: December 15 | Notification: January 15 | Priority Registration: Fall
These dates do not apply to students applying from one of our Community College Partners. Those deadlines are August 1 and January 1, respectively. Contact our Admissions & Outreach Coordinator prior to applying.
Enrollment in Honors will begin on the date reflected in your admissions letter, sent via email. At that time, you will be eligible for priority registration in the subsequent semesters, additional scholarships (including Scholars & Fellows programs), and receive all the benefits as a member of the Honors College.