“We are delighted to contribute to inspiring better lives by supporting one of the nation’s best honors colleges as well as providing resources to educate and train our future leaders.”
– University of Missouri alumni, Peggy and Andrew Cherng
In the spring of 2017, through the philanthropic Panda Cares Foundation, the Cherngs made a multi-million dollar gift to support scholarships, programs, and academic opportunities for high-achieving Honors students.
Peggy and Andrew’s remarkable story and their approach to philanthropic giving, as well as their rise through the corporate world, are vital to understanding more about what motivates each of them. Both have also made and honored significant contributions to the larger American narrative that stems from and is inclusive of all Asian Americans.
The Cherng Program in Honors consists of the following programs:
- Scholarship & Research Programs: Cherng Summer Scholars, Cherng Scholars, Discovery Fellows, Founder’s Memorial Scholars, Show Me Scholars, ASH Scholars: (Documenting Luyia and Minorities in the News Projects), Stamps Scholars
- Cherng Distinguished Scholars and Visiting Faculty
- One Read Honors
- “Global Connections” Curriculums: COIL Global Innovations, Genocide and Transitional Justice
- Honors Study Abroad and Study Away Programs: Athens, Greece