Launched in November 2013, the Show-Me Scholars program is designed to recruit high-achieving students from Missouri each year to MU. Our vision is to create a cohort of students representing every college on campus who are actively engaged in the campus, local, and state communities, but who have also achieved great academic success.
We firmly believe that the range of programming and opportunities will mean that, upon graduation, these students will go on to graduate schools or career choices that have been shaped by the pride and engagement they demonstrated in their university and their state.
The goals of the program are as follows:
- To create a highly selective and cohesive program that capitalizes on the strengths and opportunities available at MU and within Missouri
- To offer a four-year, sequential and progressively high-impact experience with unique opportunities that transcend the traditional classroom and co-curricular experience
- First-year tutorials (up to six students) designed expressly for Show-Me Scholars
- Sophomore year research & artistry experiences and workshops
- Junior year grant for study abroad or study away(on an approved program)
- Senior year opportunity to be a Teaching Assistant (TA) in an Honors course or continue research & artistry
Entering freshmen who are Missouri residents and have an ACT composite score of 33 or better are eligible for the Show-Me Scholars Program. Eligible students are identified from application data and are contacted by December.
Entering freshmen will be invited to apply via the email used on the MU online application and current students will be contacted via their MU email address. Applications will be available December 1, 2017 and are due by February 2, 2018.
Participants are selected by the Honors College Scholars and Fellows Committee in the spring. There are thirty available spots for this award. To continue in the program you must maintain the GPA and participation requirements in the Honors College.
Owing to the support of the Cherng Program in Honors, students entering Mizzou in 2018-2019 who are selected as Show-Me Scholars will receive a one-time scholarship of $1500. Every student in the program also has access to a study abroad/away grant of $500.
For More Information
For more information, please contact the Scholars & Fellows Coordinator, Ava Corn (CornA@missouri.edu), or contact the Honors College at 573-882-3893.