Launched in November 2013, the Show-Me Scholars program is designed to recruit high-achieving students from Missouri each year to MU. Our vision is to create a cohort of students representing every college on campus who are actively engaged in the campus, local, and state communities, but who have also achieved great academic success.
We firmly believe that the range of programming and opportunities will mean that, upon graduation, these students will go on to graduate schools or career choices that have been shaped by the pride and engagement they demonstrated in their university and their state.
The goals of the program are as follows:
- To create a highly selective and cohesive program that capitalizes on the strengths and opportunities available at MU and within Missouri
- To offer a four-year, sequential and progressively high-impact experience with unique opportunities that transcend the traditional classroom and co-curricular experience
- First year: Tutorials (up to six students) and up to four exclusive Scholars & Fellows professional development opportunities
- Sophomore year: Research or artistry experience
- Junior year: $500 grant for study abroad or study away (on an approved program)
- Senior year: Opportunity to be a Teaching Assistant (TA), in an Honors course, internship, or continue research or artistry experience
Entering freshmen who are Missouri residents and have an ACT composite score of 29 or better are eligible for the Show-Me Scholars Program.
Entering freshman who are eligible to apply for the Honors College and wish to apply for the Scholars & Fellows programs may do so as part of the Honors College Application. You can access the Honors College application beginning August 15 after you apply for admission to Mizzou through your application status page.
The Scholars & Fellows application is due by January 1, 2021. Please note that in order for your Scholars & Fellows application to be considered, you must have already been admitted into MU.
Participants are selected by the Honors College Scholars & Fellows Committee in the spring. 30-40 scholars are selected for this award. To continue in the program you must maintain the GPA and participation requirements of the Honors College.
Owing to the support of the Cherng Program in Honors, Show-Me Scholars will receive a one-time scholarship of $1500. Every student in the program also has access to a study abroad/away grant of $500.
For More Information
For more information, please contact the Scholars & Fellows Coordinator, Ava Drayton (DraytonA@missouri.edu).