The benefits of being an Honors College student:
- Guaranteed or early admission to some MU professional programs and undergraduate majors
- Honors Learning Community (HLC)
- Scholars & Fellows programs, which provide unique benefits and paid research and artistry opportunities
- Honors College advisors in addition to your advisor for your major
- Unique classes
- Priority registration
- Activities & events specifically designed for honors students
In the spring of 2017, through the philanthropic Panda Cares Foundation, the Cherngs made a multi-million dollar gift to support scholarships, programs, and academic opportunities for high-achieving Honors students.
Peggy and Andrew’s remarkable story and their approach to philanthropic giving, as well as their rise through the corporate world, are vital to understanding more about what motivates each of them. Both have also made and honored significant contributions to the larger American narrative that stems from and is inclusive of all Asian Americans.
The Honors College at the University of Missouri is home or co-host to numerous and distinctive Scholars & Fellows programs, each of which provides unique (and sometimes linked) academic, co-curricular, and extra-curricular benefits and opportunities to participants.
We are the nation’s leading provider of undergraduate research and artistry opportunities for honors students, starting in the first semester of the freshman year. Our programs are robust and high-impact, providing research and artistry positions that work directly with many of the nation’s leading faculty–in their labs, on the stage, and in the archives–both here on campus and across the world.